Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Muses

I was on my favorite gossip site (laineygossip.com) today and Lainey posted about Haute Couture week happening in Paris right now (Here).  Chanel presented today, so of course Uncle Karl's favorite muses turned up.  Among them Vanessa Paradis.  She looked UH-Mazing.  She rarely pops up, but when she does it's like finding a $20 bill in your coat pocket.  Like Lainey's post says, she's a badass.  She wore jeans when everyone else went demure.  Granted, she styled said jeans with a sick blazer and some gnarly ankle boots, but few could get away with it the way she does (click the link to see Vanessa's sartorial awesomeness, guaranteed to make your day better).  Not to mention she has such a lovely face and that adorable gap between her teeth and Johnny Depp is her baby daddy.  She's also tiny.  I'm tiny.  The fact that she is too just makes me feel sort of empowered by it.  Major girl crush.  Anyways, seeing her got me thinking about all of the sexy, beautiful, intelligent, interesting chicks who remind me that I actually love being a girl.

  
The charming Ms. Paradis


Edie Sedgwick


Marianne Faithfull


Sienna Miller (I need those Docs)


Hailee Steinfeld as Mattie Ross in "True Grit".  She's a pistol.


Charlotte Rampling (This could be my mom 30 years ago.  What a fox.)

There are so many more, including my mom and sister who continuously remind me to be a sassy, self-confident pistol of a woman.  Here's to you ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment