Thursday, January 20, 2011

Confession.

When I get sick I secretly like how my voice sounds.  A cold (or picking up a hefty cigarette habit) is as close as I'm ever going to get to the raspy, husky sexiness of Kathleen Turner.  Needless to say I woke up a couple of days ago with a stuffy nose, a sore throat and that disgusting coating that comes from breathing through your mouth.   I consider none of those things sexy.  My sarcastic inner-monologue immediately thought "Awesome!".  It then thought, not so sarcastically, "Lauren Bacall!".  Always looking on the bright side I am.  Unfortunately my sexy voice ambitions have been dashed because when I hear myself talk I sound like I'm inside a diving helmet that's filling with water.  The moral of this story is that I need more vitamin c, I hate winter and it's imperative that I start smoking two packs a day.  Have some Bogie and Bacall for cyphering through my ramblings:



1 comment:

  1. I really hope to hear this smoky Bacallish tone from you one day but don't recommend you kick it into gear by smoking two packs a day. Blech to that. Welcome to the blogosphere of course.

    ReplyDelete